Favorite Things 2016
- Deep Work — by Cal Newport
- Creativity Inc. — by Ed Catmull, Amy Wallace
- Poor Charlie’s Almanack: The Wit and Wisdom of Charles T. Munger — by Yuval Noah Harari
- The Denial of Death — by Ernest Becker
- What If?: Serious Scientific Answers to Absurd Hypothetical Questions — by Randall Munroe
- The Graveyard Book — by Neil Gaiman
Favorite Blog Posts
- A Letter to my daughter about young men
- Mental Models I Find Repeatedly Useful
- Cognitive bias cheat sheet
- Ramin Djawadi the composer behind Game of Thrones explains his inspiration behind the show’s opening theme
- AppDetox — Create rules to limit heavy app usage. Digital Detox.
- iAWriter — Simple plain text editor designed for focused writing.
- AzScreen Recorder — Mobile Screen recorder.
- Alternote — Beautifully designed Note-taking app for Evernote.
- Atom — Modern and hackable text editor.
- Fantastical 2 — Intelligent and beautifully designed calendar application.
- LightPaper — Powerful Markdown text editor.
- iA Writer — Simple plain text editor designed for focused writing.
- Highly Highlighter — Medium-like highlighting for any website.
- Next Step for Trello — Checklist task(s) on the front of trello cards.
- Boards for Trello — One click access to your trello boards.
- Toby — Trello-like tab organizer and management accessible from new tab window.
- Truebill — Manage, find, track, and cancel your paid subscriptions.
- Highly Highlighter — Social highlighting.
- Tapes for Mac — Create and share screencasts fast.
- The Rambler Backback, Missonworkshop — My favorite purchase of the year. A durable and versatile rucksack bookbag. It’s been with me to work, the desert, random shopping stops etc. I love the look and build quality.
- Amazon Echo — Conversational User Interfaces are here to say. I’m excited for more services to come to Alexa. I mostly use it to control Spotify, get weather info, play audible and do basic fact checking.
- Rivers Edge Fishing Rod Fly Swatter — I had a fly problem in the summer. I no longer have a fly problem.
- BookBone® – Weighted Rubber Bookmark — Perfect for book worms how are tired of using their phones to weight down a page of a book.
- Redi-Tag — A cheaper alternative to the post-it flags for book flagging of notes.
- Refillable Handmade Leather Journal Notebook — My replacement for moleskin notebooks, with refillable pages and an adventurous and bold look.
- ZLYC Vintage Handmade Refillable Leather Passport Size — My replacement for fieldnotes. Very high quality and compact; fits in pocket.
- Youphoria Sport Microfiber Travel Towel and Sports Towels — No more lugging around a bulky towel to the gym or beach or traveling.
- The Neo Grip Glove | Fit Four Callus Guard Fitness Gloves — Favorite workout gloves to protect your hands. Makes pull-ups more enjoyable.
- The Secret of Becoming Mentally Strong | Amy Morin | TEDxOcala
- How To Open Your 7 Chakras – As Explained In a Children’s Show
- Why CG Sucks (Except It Doesn’t)
- Why You Should Watch/ Read: Berserk
- Why You Should Watch Hunter X Hunter
- 22, A Million — Bon Iver
- The Life of Pablo — Kayne West
- Starboy — The Weeknd
- How to Be A Human Being — Glass Animals
- “Awaken, My Love” — Childish Gambino
- Light of the Seven – Ramin Djawadi
- The Winds of Winter – Ramin Djawadi
- Me and Your Mama – Childish Gambino
- Redbone – Childish Gambino
- One Dance – Drake
- Overtime – Bryson Tiller
- Rambo – Bryson Tiller
- Novacane – Frank Ocean
- Panda – Desiigner
- Might Not – Belly, The Weeknd
- Self Control – Frank Ocean
- Nights – Frank Ocean
- Die for You – The Weeknd
- Reminder – The Weeknd
- All I know – The Weeknd
- Saint Pablo – Kanye West
- Waves – Kayne West
- FML – Kayne West
- 8 (circle) — Bon Iver
- 10 d E A T h b R E a s T ⚄ ⚄ — Bon Iver
Also published on Medium.