- 14: 2016 Annual Review (4)
- 13: Burning Man 2016 in Pictures (0)
- 06: Favorite Things 2016 (1)
- 06: My 3 Words for 2017 (0)
- 05: The Best Books I’ve Read in 2016 (1)
- 04: Year in Books 2016 (0)
- 06: Finding My Fitness (0)
- 05: Reflections on Mortality and the Drive for Success (0)
- 05: Book Updates: Added Remarks and Notes – June (0)
- 04: Favorite Lessons from Creativity Inc. (0)
- 03: Pruning Your Pocket: A Cleaner Way to Read Online (0)
- 02: You are a Habit Detective (0)
- 01: The Emotional Journal (0)
- 25: How I Organize and Collect with Wunderlist (14)
- 03: Book Updates: Added Remarks & Notes – April (0)
- 30: Reading Multiple Books at a Time (4)
- 31: The Edge of Tomorrow’s Habits (0)
- 12: Pomodoro Time Forecasting (4)
- 02: Choosing between Print, E-Book and Audiobook (0)
- 29: The Book Purgatory List (2)
- 31: Favorite Things 2015 (0)
- 31: Year in Books 2015 (3)
- 30: 2015 Annual Review (2)
- 28: The Best Books I Read in 2015 (0)
- 15: Rebirth of Adventure: Land of Fire and Ice (0)
- 11: The Evolution of juvoni.com (0)
- 01: 2014 Annual Review (5)
- 30: The Best Books I Read in 2014 (0)
- 30: Data Driven Gains(z) (2)
- 26: The Wonders of Wunderlist (0)
- 12: Capture the Content You Value (0)
- 12: The Tools I use for the Quantified Self (0)
July 25, 2017The themes for this year’s summer reading are around reflections on the shortness of life, how we treat the elderly and how we’re unprepared for the later stages in life. A young South African comedian with an entrepreneurial spirit who used his ingenuity and the power of language to overcome …
Summer Reads 2017
July 22, 2017Figuring out to bring for Burning Man can be a confusing and intimidating exercise. You can significantly over prepare and have to figure out the logistics of getting everything into the desert, having used very little of what you brought or under prepare, putting yourself at risk for a bad …
Burning Man Shopping List
June 12, 2017A summary of book recommendations and updates from the books page for the month of May 2017. This is a monthly post emailed out to my newsletter. I’m also always on the hunt for good books, contact or tweet @juvoni recommendations.
Book Updates: Added Remarks and Notes – May
Getting Real: 10 Truth Skills You Need to Live an Authentic …
May 2, 2017A summary of book recommendations and updates from the books page for the month of April 2017. This is a monthly post emailed out to my newsletter. I’m also always on the hunt for good books, contact or tweet @juvoni recommendations.
Book Updates: Added Remarks and Notes – April
The Four Steps to the Epiphany: Successful Strategies for Startups That …
January 14, 2017The purpose of this annual review is for me to reflect on the year by asking these four questions:
2016 Annual Review
What went well this year?
What didn’t go so well this year?
What am I reducing or eliminating?
What am I working toward?
This Annual Review is for me. But I would …
January 6, 2017A list of awesome things I’ve discovered, read, listened to, purchased and watched in 2016.
Favorite Things 2016
The Best Books I’ve Read
Deep Work — by Cal Newport
Creativity Inc. — by Ed Catmull, Amy Wallace
Poor Charlie’s Almanack: The Wit and Wisdom of Charles T. Munger — by Yuval Noah Harari
The Denial of Death — by Ernest Becker
January 6, 2017I was inspired back in 2015 to do these 3 guiding word annual posts by Chris Brogan. It’s a good way to create a pull towards the future, as opposed to the light push of a resolution.
My 3 Words for 2017
How Do You Do It?
Pick three words that you can use to guide you …
January 5, 2017Deep Work by Cal Newport
The Best Books I’ve Read in 2016
Deep Work is a very powerful concept and skill. It is the ability to focus without distraction on a cognitively demanding task. It’s a skill that allows you to quickly master complicated information and produce better results in less time. Newport talks about how important Deep …
January 4, 2017Total Number of Books Read: 65 4
Year in Books 2016
Number of Physical Books: 30 7
Number of E-Books: 22 7
Number of Audiobooks: 13 4
Number of Non-Fiction: 62 1
Number of Fiction: 3 [icon name=”arrow-up” …